• Wheat reversed on Russia-West de-escalation
• 21/22 wheat export estimated is upped on the strong current pace
• Ruble grain market higher on strong exporters’ demand
• Russian grain exports increased in December ahead of the quota
• Turkey became the main Russian wheat buyer in December, Algeria is in third place
• Wheat export estimate increased amid the active exports
I am the Managing Director of SovEcon, a leading firm focused on the Black Sea agricultural markets research. For 27 years we have been forecasting crops and exports, assesing stocks and consumption and looking at other key price drivers. Every day we talk to farmers, traders and officials gathering market intelligence and sorting out the market noise.
One email every Monday on key events in the Black Sea from Andrey Sizov