• Exports continue to fall
• Egypt struggles to keep its #1 place among wheat importers
• Grain and wheat exports estimates are down, risk of hitting the quota threshold is limited
• Another week, another season high for Russian wheat
• Russian AgMin wants to introduce a permanent semi-annual grain export quota
• Domestic grain supply and prices are up
• Sunflower market rallies
I am the Managing Director of SovEcon, a leading firm focused on the Black Sea agricultural markets research. For 27 years we have been forecasting crops and exports, assesing stocks and consumption and looking at other key price drivers. Every day we talk to farmers, traders and officials gathering market intelligence and sorting out the market noise.