• FOB wheat up on high demand, stronger ruble
• Grains and sunflower continue to rise fast in ruble terms
• Weather conditions improve on more rains and high temperatures
• Barley and wheat crop estimates down after the release of Ukrstat harvest data
• Corn crop forecast was lowered by 3.3 MMT to 29.4 MMT on disappointing yields
• Autumn planting accelerated after rains
I am the Managing Director of SovEcon, a leading firm focused on the Black Sea agricultural markets research. For 27 years we have been forecasting crops and exports, assesing stocks and consumption and looking at other key price drivers. Every day we talk to farmers, traders and officials gathering market intelligence and sorting out the market noise.