• Black Sea wheat higher
• Traders up bids in ports
• Ruble wheat prices sharply higher in South
• Average yield remains below market expectations
• Russia’s wheat exports fell 3 MMT in 2020/21 because of export taxes
• Egypt has returned to first place among Russian wheat buyers
• The starting export pace of wheat and barley is record low for recent years
• 21/22 exports estimate are down
I am the Managing Director of SovEcon, a leading firm focused on the Black Sea agricultural markets research. For 27 years we have been forecasting crops and exports, assesing stocks and consumption and looking at other key price drivers. Every day we talk to farmers, traders and officials gathering market intelligence and sorting out the market noise.
Two emails per week. Each Monday and Thursday.
Several lines of our weekly overview and insights in your inbox.