• On-farm grain and wheat stocks remain record-high; grain and wheat sales are slowing down
• Grains higher thanks to US weather
• May wheat exports to grow 3.2 times YOY
• Farmers hope to see higher grain prices thanks to lower export tax; sunflower tumbles again
• Spring wheat is getting dry
I am the Managing Director of SovEcon, a leading firm focused on the Black Sea agricultural markets research. For 27 years we have been forecasting crops and exports, assesing stocks and consumption and looking at other key price drivers. Every day we talk to farmers, traders and officials gathering market intelligence and sorting out the market noise.
One email every Monday on key events in the Black Sea from Andrey Sizov